Another year, another New Year’s post. I made a number of goals (not resolutions) last year. Let us see how those worked out:
- Gotten all 12 years of my notes organized – done
- Hired a literary agent – looooool, still working on this one.
- Leveled out on my meds – mostly
- Changed jobs, whether that be via “demotion,” change of departments, or taking leave to finish my degree. – done
- Dated at least one person – we’re going to call this done, even though no official dates were had. It’s complicated.
- Learned how to control my awful spending habits so that I have enough to hire a maid. – still working toward this
- Received my phoenix and compass tattoos – nope
Not too shabby. This means it’s time to set up seven new goals for 2017. Let’s start with the ones I didn’t complete in 2016 and fill in the rest.
By the end of 2017, I will have:
- Signed with a fabulous literary agent of awesome
- Learned how to control my spending habits, which includes paying off at least 2 of my school loans and paying off my remaining credit balance. (I’m bound and determined to be debt free by the age of 30. I want to buy a house, dammit.)
- Received my phoenix and compass tattoos
- Completed two of my seven remaining college classes
- Gotten my passport and Canadian visa
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Gotten involved in a serious relationship with someone who complements my brand of crazy
I think that sums up my plans for 2017 pretty well. It’s going to be a busy year. A good friend and I have resolved to be more involved in each other’s lives, so I’m excited for that. I’m still struggling a little with my mood and medication, but it’s so much better than it used to be (anxiety is currently high but manageable).
We’re gearing up for an interesting year, that’s for certain. Have you made any goals/resolutions for 2017? Not screaming in frustration at Trump’s Twitter feed, for instance? Let me know in the comments, and happy New Year.